Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Muscle of Discipline

Well, here are the results from my recent FB fast.


3/30 Day 1
Played Uno with Kids
Studied
Rested

3/31 Day 2
Contacted overseas ministry, my hope is to do missions abroad in the near future
completed Passport application-1st step of pursuing mission goal.

Washed 6 loads of laundry

Begin Fasting Journal
studied/Prayed

4/1 Day 3
Read Book
Studied
Cleaned
Packed for road trip

4/2 Day 4
Traveled to Ohio
visited family
Met my baby sister Angela for the first time, way awesome!:)
Cleaned both Dad's Kitchens
How wonderful to see Jay and the kid play, they need to get together more often.

Had BBQ at Ivy's house, we took a brief moment to pray and acknowledge the crucification of our Lord and Savior Jesus at 3pm with Word and prayer. Praise the Lord for His everlasting love for us!

Awesome Good Friday Worship service with Ivy at her church home, what a blessing to praise and worship the Lord openly with family!

4/3 Day 5
Talked to my uncle Ed, we shared our dreams, loves and prayed together, He's the absolute coolest dude ever!

My fellowship with Tommi is always genuine, it was great to see her, I love having all the family together, it's an element that is needed to grow happy healthy children as we live unity.

Laughed with my Great Auntee Sissy, my Nana's only living sister, she's so cool!
Spent the night with my cousin Beetabug! Just like when were little! We drank coffe and stayed up til 2 N the monin! Wonderful fellowship, mmm mmm! Good to my soul!

4/4 Day 6
Praise God! He is risen! We serve a living God! Halleujah!
Cooked Easter dinner with my wonderful husband Bill- I'm not sure the last time we did that, but it was really nice to spend just me and him time together sharing each other space, it was very nice.


Ministering to the Minister first- we need to have it ourselves in order to impart to others, I thank God for His provision in all areas of my life. I thank God for my Cousin Alvita (Beetabug) and our time together in the Lord.

Relished dessert with Traver & my other Great Auntee's Nae and Elssie, Bill's auntees. We were oooing and awwwing over Alidi's pecan pie warmed and served ala mode, Yummier than I expected!

Enjoyed my hug from Tee aka Theresa, my Boobala! She is my oldest friend and I'm not sure where I would be had it not been our destiny to meet over 15 years ago! She's seen all of my children blossom and they love their auntee Tee!:)

Shared smiles, hugs & kisses filled with warm good-byes as we glimpsed the essence of Traver and Justin- awwwwwww (sigh) young people, how full of raw energy they are! I love you both and it was great to hold you Traver and have you sit still, even for a brief moment. <3

Hit the road homeward bound around 7pm, great trip, caught up on some zzzzz's

4/5 Day 7
Resumed 5:30 am prayer and devotion time with my prayer partner Renee.
Caught up on some more zzzz's
Began unpacking
Worship & study time

4/6 Day 8
I thanked my Father for this day, pressed through to grace.

I got out of myself today, woke up feeling a heaviness in my spirit and ironically my email devotional was titled Unbearable Heaviness. My uncle called and said he was experiencing the same thing, we praised the Lord in prayer and fellowhip! I have worked the principle of when I am experiencing a struggle or resistance the best thing for me to do is to do something for someone else and I instantly feel better. I baked heart-shaped lemon cupcakes with homemade butter creme frosting with sugar sprinkles and took a bouquet of spring flowers to my dear friend and stlylist Tamisha and we celebrated her special day with song and tears. Happy Birthday 'Misha, I love you more!

Made dinner for the fam and went to bed a 7pm, definitely a season of resting in Him for renewed strength and guided direction. Remain in the alignment of this time and the Lord will produce the great and mighty in His timing. Wait. Do not do anything out of your own strength, wait on the Lord.

Studied wedding ceremony material & Prayer time


4/7 Day 9
5:30am prayer time, it is so good to meet my Almighty Father first thing in the A.M.! He is always waiting for me with His arms stretched wide! I love You more than anything.

Organized Christmas decorations in basement with Cesar and cleaned with Lala, I thank God for helpers and the fellowship, He knows what we are in need of before we need it.

Take time to do the things in life we desire to do and accomplish, but when the Lord calls us into a place of discipline it is better to remain obedient than to sacrifice. I want every last drop of milk and honey the Lord has for me, my life is extraordinary because of Him!

Peace,
Kolnita

2 comments:

  1. :)

    How awesome to reflect on life. I need to do this!

    And I need to FB fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise the Lord! I just saw your comment 10 years later, in God's perfect time amid historical COVID-19 pandemic. Remain faithful to God, walking in His wisdom.

      Delete